Thursday, May 23, 2013

[News] Jackie Chan Tells PSY: “You Inherit Me”

PSY
[News] Jackie Chan Tells PSY: “You Inherit Me”

PSY had arrived in Singapore on 22 May 2013 for the Social Star Awards Press Conference that took everyone by surprise. He has made an appearance alongside with global superstars Carly Rae Jepsen and Aerosmith on stage.

At presence, he revealed his humbleness to explain how he had evolved to be Asia’s star that is brought to Hollywood and how it affects him as an Asian and a Korean.

“This is a coincidence… Last week, I met Jackie Chan, and I was so amazed and is thankful for what he had told me. He said, ‘you inherit me, in the western culture. You’re the second Chan who is Asian and is so well-known in the West’.”

“As an Asian and a Korean, I feel very proud and it is an honor to be acknowledged by him. It also helps to break stereotypes where a lot of people idealise for Asia to have a calm, good in academics sort of image. But one day this person made this weird dance and dance with a strange body shape… I want to be able to give a variety Asia has. They think Asians are normal; and I come as abnormal.”
He will be present at the Social Star Awards today (23/05) and Social Concerts tomorrow (24/05).

Photo Credits Marina Bay Sands

M/s : kenvilthomas@kpopupdates.com



No comments:

Post a Comment